Implantology or Dental Implants
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants and dentures are like artificial tooth roots. They work just like real roots and support artificial teeth. Dentists put them in your jawbone through a surgery called dental implant surgery. In this surgery, they replace your tooth roots with metal posts that look like screws. These posts hold your artificial teeth in place.
What is the Cost
What dentures cost, varies according to several factors, like the crown and post material, whether any other surgeries are required (like bone grafts), and whether you have endosteal implants or subperiosteal implants placed.
The Dental Implants Procedure Step-by-Step
The specific dental implants (dentures) procedure you receive will differ according to the implant type and your jawbone’s condition. Whichever dental implants procedure you receive, the basic process is similar:
- Removing the damaged tooth
- Preparing the jawbone (grafting if necessary)
- Placing the dental implant
- Letting the bone heal and grow
- Placing the abutment
- Placing the artificial tooth or bridge
Benefits of Affordable Dental Implants
The main advantage of implants is the solid support they offer to your new teeth. Instead of using removable dentures, implants become one with your bone. Your bone heals tightly around them to firmly hold and stabilize them.
If dentures don’t fit properly or if bridgework isn’t right, you can consider dental implant surgery. It’s also a choice when you don’t have enough or any natural tooth roots for other types of tooth replacement.
Dental Implant Procedures
There are several types of dental implants procedure, each with slightly different steps all designed to produce a similar result. Depending on what particular condition you have and what type of dental implant you choose, your periodontist will develop a custom-tailored treatment plan designed to serve your needs. Some of the most common treatment plans your dentist in VA may choose for you include:
- Single Tooth Implants – A single implant for a single tooth
- Multiple Tooth Implants – More than one implant for multiple teeth.
- Full Mouth Implants – Or an implant-supported bridge.
- Mini implants – Smaller implants for those lacking enough jawbone for regular-sized ones
How to take care of your dentures?
Whatever type of dental implant surgery you have, you may experience certain discomforts common to oral surgery of almost any kind, like:
- Facial and gum swelling
- Implant site pain
- Mild bleeding
If any of these symptoms develop, your dentist may prescribe or recommend antibiotics or pain medications to alleviate them.
While you heal from dental implant surgery, your dentist may put you on a special diet consisting only of soft foods.
After you’ve recovered and returned to your regular diet and activities, looking after implants is just like looking after natural teeth. Remember to do your daily dental routine, which means brushing and flossing properly. Stay away from unhealthy habits like smoking and using your teeth for things other than eating. And don’t forget to visit your dentist in VA regularly for checkups and follow-ups.
Who Are Implants Good For?
There are many answers to the question of who needs affordable dental implants, including if:
- You’ve lost one or more teeth
- Your jawbone has reached its full growth
- You don’t smoke tobacco
- Your oral tissues are healthy
- You have sufficient bone on which to stabilize the implants or are eligible for a bone graft
- You have no health conditions that will prevent the bones from healing properly
- You’re not willing or able to wear dentures
- You want your speech to improve
- You’re okay committing several months to the healing process
To discuss what affordable dental implants can offer you, call our dental office in VA now.
Dental implants - brands in North Macedonia
North Macedonia has a number of dental implant brands available for dental professionals to choose from. Some of the well-known brands that are widely used in North Macedonia include:
- Straumann: “Straumann” is a leading provider of dental implants and other oral restoration products, known for their quality and reliability.
- ROOTT: “ROOTT” Implants offers the greatest variety of dental implants amongst the major dental implant providers in North Macedonia. Working with the leading Dental Professional community, ROOTT has extended its implant range to offer solutions to potentially avoid bone grafting.
- Nobel Biocare: Nobel Biocare is a multinational company that offers a range of dental implants, restorations, and other oral health products.
- Astra Tech: Astra Tech is a subsidiary of the Dentsply Sirona company and offers a wide range of dental implants and related products.
- BioHorizons: BioHorizons is a provider of dental implants, biologics, and other dental products, known for their innovation and advanced technology.
- Ankylos: Ankylos is a brand of dental implants known for their durability and strength, and is popular among dental professionals in North Macedonia.
These are just a few of the many dental implant brands available in North Macedonia. The choice of brand will depend on several factors, including the preference of the dentist, the specific needs of the patient, and the quality and reliability of the products. It is important to choose a qualified and experienced dental professional to ensure the best possible results.
- Single Implants
By replacing one single tooth and avoiding the conventional bridge approach, the adjacent teeth are preserved. Dental implants come in various sizes of length and width. Since molars typically do most of the work during chewing, using an implant of maximum size is always preferred. By determining the exact jaw dimensions prior to implant surgery, the implant team is able to decide on just the right implant for the tooth to be replaced. Dental CT scan technology is used to plan the implant surgery in a precise manner by using computer assisted planning software.
Patients often ask about “All-On-4” and how it’s different from regular implants.
“All-On-4” is a dental implant method where four implants are used to replace the upper or lower set of teeth. These implants support a new set of fixed teeth.
In the All-On-4 procedure, the back implants are placed at a 45° angle towards the back of the mouth and in the front upper jaw, where the bone is denser. Unlike other methods, All-On-4 doesn’t need as much bone density to hold the implant in place.
The All-on-6 procedure is simpler and faster than the procedure for traditional dental implants. At the same time, All-on-6 dental implants create more strength in the jaw than All-on-4 dental implants.
In the All-on-6 procedure, six dental screws are placed around the jaw at roughly equal distances. These dental screws are usually made of titanium, meaning that they are both hygienic and robust.
Modern prosthetic teeth are generally made of zirconia with a porcelain veneer. Zirconia is very strong, allowing you to eat what you like without having to worry about breaking a tooth. Porcelain is used for aesthetic reasons, as it can be customised to a person’s choice of tooth style and shade.